Netflix’s new horror trilogy continues with Fear Street Part 2: 1978 – Here’s a guide to the cast of new and returning characters. Inspired by the popular novels by RL Stine, director and co-writer Leigh Janiak brings the series to the screen for a trilogy of Street of fear films. By telling a murderous tale in three separate chapters, each film explores an era within Shadyside’s twisted history. In the process, each chapter pays homage to a different horror genre.
Fear Street Part 1: 1994 Classic Nineties Teen Slasher Movie Channels Like He shouted, with a hint of supernatural elements like Stephen King’s That. After a confrontation with some of Sunnyvale’s well-to-do residents, a group of teenagers on the wrong side of the tracks (aka Shadyside) find themselves hunted by malevolent forces. Although some tragically lose their lives, a threesome makes it through the horrible night. Unfortunately, one last sting in the tail reveals that the survivors are far from out of the woods yet, with many unanswered questions from Fear Street Part 1: 1994 and a suspense that directly configures the long-awaited second installment.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
With Janiak once again directing and co-writing (alongside Zak Olkewicz), Fear Street Part 2: 1978 pick up where things left off. As Deena (Kiana Madeira) and Josh (Benjamin Flores Jr.) search for answers regarding the ongoing nightmare, the action goes back to the traumatic events that occurred at Camp Nightwing in 1978. Building on the above signs Friday the 13th films, Fear Street Part 2: 1978 centers on a massacre perpetrated by Nightwing Killer, an ax wielding maniac who is also possessed by an ancient and vengeful witch: Sarah Fier (Elizabeth Scopel). It’s a massacre from which the lonely C. Berman (Gillian Jacobs) miraculously survived, but her sister (and several others) tragically did not. As the prequel story unfolds, new light is shed on Shadyside’s broader curse. Here’s a breakdown of the new and returning characters in Fear Street Part 2: 1978 and where you can meet each of the actors.
Main cast and characters of Fear Street 1978
- Emily Rudd as Cindy Berman – An innocent counselor at Camp Nightwing eager to leave her Shadyside life and tendencies behind. In addition to playing Daenerys Targaryen in Nerdist’s viral game of Thrones parody, Rudd plays Heidi on The CWs Dynasty Redo.
- Sadie Sink as Ziggy Berman – Cindy’s unruly younger sister and a camper at Camp Nightwing. Sink is best known for playing fan favorite Max Mayfield on Strange things, one of whose creators received a thank you in the Fear Street Part 1: 1994 credits.
- Ryan Simpkins as Alice – Cindy’s former best friend and current antagonist. Simpkins is best known for his early work alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet on Revolutionary path and playing Jewel Irons in the Rebel guide mini series.
- Ted Sutherland as Nick Goode – A junior counselor who joins Ziggy and relies on his family’s legacy to be a Sheriff. Sutherland also played Percy in The Walking Dead: World Beyond series and enjoyed a brief role in Doomed patrol.
- McCabe Slye as Tommy Slater – Cindy’s caring and caring boyfriend. Slye’s previous credits include Travis in the short-lived musical series, Increaseand Ryan in the 2018 crime drama movie starring Nicole Kidman: Destroyer.
New characters and cast of Fear Street 1978
- Chiara Aurelia as Sheila – Ziggy’s sadistic bully. Aurelia is best known for the record-breaking Freeform series: Cruel summer, playing Jeanette Turner in season 2.
- Sam Brooks as Arnie – Alice’s drug addicted boyfriend. Brooks can also be seen playing Travis Thomas in Star Girl season 1.
- Drew Scheid as Gary – Tommy’s best friend and fellow counselor. Scheid recently appeared as Geoff Gabeheart on HBO Easttown Mare.
- Michael Provost as Kurt – An overzealous Sunnyvale counselor at Camp Nightwing. The actor is best known as Brick Armstrong on the controversial Netflix series. Insatiable.
- Jacqi Vene as Joan – A free-spirited Shadyside counselor who has a crush on Kurt. Vene also plays Jenna Ross in the recent independent film. When it ends today.
- Brandon Spink as Will Goode – Nick’s younger brother and future mayor of Sunnyvale. Spink’s past credits include young Bruce Wayne in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Noah Kirsch in the spy drama Berlin station.
- Dylan Gage as Jeremy – A serious young camper stuck in the timeline of events when Street of fearThe assassins begin to rampage. Gage briefly presents in Strange things season 3 and plays Gabe on Hulu’s critically acclaimed comedy series Pen15.
- Marcelle LeBlanc as Becky – One of Sheila’s buddies. In addition to also appearing in Strange things, LeBlanc plays Stacy in Cobra Kai Season 3, Episode 1, “Aftermath”.
- Eden Campbell as Annie – Sheila’s other follower at Camp Nightwing. Campbell’s previous roles include Rachel in Nation Z and Katie in The mortuary collection.
Fear Street 1978 cast and characters
- Kiana Madeira as Deena Johnson – Deena is a survivor of Fear Street Part 1: 1994, still trying to restore Sam. Madeira is also known for playing Moe Truax in Trinkets.
- Benjamin Flores Jr. as Josh Johnson – Deena’s brother and surviving partner. Flores Jr. also plays Eugene on Showtime. Your Honor Serie.
- Olivia Scott Welch as Sam – Deena’s girlfriend also returns, still enslaved by the Shadyside Witch. Welch is best known for playing Heather Nill in Panic
- Gillian Jacobs as C. Berman – The lone survivor of Camp Nightwing also returns, finally appearing to fully meet Deena and Josh. The acclaimed actress is arguably best known for playing Britta Perry in Community. Regardless, Jacobs has enjoyed many notable roles since Community ended up, on screens big and small.
- Jordana Spiro as Nurse Mary Lane – Kate’s mysterious neighbor (Julia Rehwald) returns, and it is revealed that she was a nurse at Camp Nightwing. Spiro also plays Sarah Weller in Blind point and Rachel in Ozark.
- Ashley Zukerman as Sheriff Nick Goode – The adult version of Nick reappears, now the Sheriff of the city. The future Robert Langdon actor is currently best known for playing Nate Sofrelli on HBO. Succession and Matt Mitchell in the Hulu miniseries, A teacher.
- Matthew Zuk as adult Will Good and – The adult version of Will, now Sunnyvale Senior, also makes an appearance. Zuk’s credits include Doomed patrolNegative man.
- Jordyn DiNatale as Ruby Lane – The Walking Dead Street of fear The killer Ruby Lane returns with her song to help terrorize Camp Nightwing. DiNatale also plays Rory in Birch.
- Kevin Waterman as Henry “The Milkman” Rooker – Another terrifying figure from Shadyside’s past. Waterman plays the infamous Florida man in Atlanta and performed stunts in a wide range of films, including Black widow
- Emily Brobst as Billy Barker – A previously possessed third Shadyside assassin returning for another at-bat. The acrobat and actress are credited in everything from TV shows like Big little lies to movie blockbusters like X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
- Elizabeth Scopel as Sarah Fier – As in Fear Street Part 1: 1994, the woman at the heart of Shadyside’s curse looms once again and looms over the events that plague Camp Nightwing and its residents. Scopel’s past credits also include Chicago Med, guest star as Britt Mills. With the trilogy scheduled to return to 1666, Sarah Fier’s presence in Street of fear will probably get even more pronounced by following Fear Street Part 2: 1978 and before the official conclusion of the saga.
More: What To Expect From Fear Street Part 2
- Fear Street Part 2: 1978 (2021)Release Date: Jul 09, 2021
- Fear Street Part 3: 1666 (2021)Release Date: Jul 16, 2021
Suicide Squad 2 TV spot shows Starro’s spore powers
About the Author