The new Mortal Kombat movie, which will be rated R, will push its rating to the limit, according to the film’s director, Simon McQuoid.
The next Mortal Kombat the reboot will push the R rating to the limit, according to director Simon McQuoid. The video game franchise has long been known for its gruesome violence, but when Mortal Kombat He made two live-action movies in the 1990s, both of which were PG-13, which left them with a cheesy legacy and not a true representation of the franchise. However, the long-awaited reboot, which will be released on April 16 on HBO Max and in theaters, will have an R rating and its trademark bloody violence, and according to Todd Garner, “One of the most brutal fights” that you have seen in a movie.
After months of promise, the film’s record-breaking trailer proudly showed its R-Rating in all its glory with a trailer full of blood and deaths, including Kano ripping out the heart of one of his enemies. The action, coupled with the spotlight shining on iconic characters such as Scorpion and Sub-Zero, only enhanced fan expectations and excitement. McQuoid has stated on more than one occasion that they have respected the source material, and providing the audience with an R-rated experience is one of the important elements in respecting the source material. Mortal Kombat legacy. However, McQuoid also informed Screen Rant that it is important that they amplify the material. “On a whole new level” And one way they may be doing that is by pushing the R rating to the limit.
In an interview with SFX Magazine (via GamesRadar), McQuoid talked about his upcoming martial arts movie and the popular theme of his R-Rating. When asked about the film’s level of action and brutality, the director reported SFX that:
“We wanted to boost the [blood, gore and fatalities] right to the limit. Obviously, there is a point where the film becomes inalienable if you push it too far, and that would be a very reckless return on investment for the studio. But from day one it’s been, ‘Okay, we’re doing this and we’re going to do it right.’
The fact that they want to push blood and deaths “Right to the limit” it will be music for him Mortal Kombat ears of fans. Although the trailer and even the teaser for the prologue have shown the level of violence that fans expected and wanted, it is comforting for fans to hear that there is so much more to come. The director’s comment also makes sense, as he previously said that they had “Drums of blood sitting around“On set, which is further proof that they try to push the limits with their bloody violence. Plus, considering the focus on specific relationships, like Sub-Zero and Scorpion, it seems the creative team hasn’t lost sight of the story while upping the ante on action sequences.
Judging from the director’s comments, it seems they’ve struck a good balance with the action as well, ensuring that it doesn’t go too far for Warner Bros. A fact that is important, considering that Garner has said they hope to do a sequel. which would probably feature the absent Johnny Cage. The level of emotion Mortal Kombat has spawned puts them in a good position to potentially make a sequel. But Mortal Kombat will finally have to deliver on April 16, and McQuoid and company. you will hope that pushing your R rating to the limit will help make the movie a success.
Next: Why Mortal Kombat Is Right To Leave Johnny Cage For The Sequel
Source: SFX Magazine (via GamesRadar)
Justice League Designer Wants Zack Snyder’s Full Take On Apokolips
About the Author